ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another, what's that noise? Buzz/Chatter when under power (Video)

Clio 182
Hi guys, cam belt, aux belt, dephaser, water pump etc all changed about 3k ago now, but recently there's been a strange chatter or buzz when under acceleration.

Car sounds completely fine (to my ears) when idling, revving standing still and coasting with the clutch engaged or not.

As soon as I'm moving and I put my foot down on the accelerator this noise appears.

Video is a bit quiet but crank up the volume and you'll hear the noise when ever I accelerate:

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be deaf even with my volume right up i hear nothing lol other than a normal car running noise

Clio 182
yea sorry about that, it's faint alright on the video but in the cabin it's 100% noticable but it certainty wasn't there a while back. It sounds like noisy tappets.

Maybe it is the exhaust, I never thought of that actually. IT's not affecting engine performance or mpg, in fact it seems better than ever since the cam belt change etc.