ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another speaker question

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorry got a pioneer deh head unit, is it good to leave the speakers as they are and to just stick a sub in if i want a little more bass, but not too much to shake the street

Leon Cupra 300
dunnaz said:
rainbow coaxials here, rainbow are one of the best makes of speakers imo

any more examples of proper quality spekaers? this is sort of thing im after, should i put these all round or just the front?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
riz said:
sorry got a pioneer deh head unit, is it good to leave the speakers as they are and to just stick a sub in if i want a little more bass, but not too much to shake the street

Change front to comp. only takes about 1/2 to 1 hour, there's a guide somewhere......

Add amp to power fronts and sub!

J

jamesy

value for money and bass jbl gto comps matey only 55quid in motor world rainbow are good if your after audiophile quality but as you say just something a bit better than standard;)

I went for Infinity Kappa comps up front and a Infinity Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf. The rear speaker housings are their real weak point!

msa182 said:
Change front to comp. only takes about 1/2 to 1 hour, there's a guide somewhere......

Since when?

It takes more than 1/2 hour to get the top of the dash board out, let alone installing the new speakers, wiring, locating the cross-overs etc...

J

jamesy

i was thinking the same thing never say only 1/2 an hour because you can guarantee your then need to times that by10;)

jamesy said:
i was thinking the same thing never say only 1/2 an hour because you can guarantee your then need to times that by10;)

Possilbly that's 1/2 hour to remove the old drivers and fit the new ones, once you've done everything else and before you start re-assembling the car!?!?!

J

jamesy

between work fitting my system took me best part of two weeks the frustration of wanting to hear it was getting on me nervesLOL

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
You don't have to take the dash of 2 fit the tweeters and it can be done in 30min easy.

If your after good sound buy comps not coxial. Coxials bring the sound stage down and IMO generally sound w@nk

J

jamesy

i thought removing the dash sounded a bit much still never done this on a mk2:S