ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Sky HD question

Merc 270 CDI
I live in a flat which has only got a single sky outlet on the wall. If I wanted Sky + or Sky HD could I take that signal and DA it out to the two inputs on the back of the unit so that it still works?

172 Cup
You can't simply split a feed into two (like a terrestrial signal) due to the positive/negative modulation done by the LNB.

Saying that you'll be fine with a single feed if you're not too fussed about recording one channel and watching another.

172 Cup
thought that wouldn't be the case. So Sky HD only uses one connection from the Dish.

You need two feeds to fully utilise the Sky + aspect of the box.

Not sure what you mean by "So Sky HD only uses one connection from the Dish." It implies you think HD material needs 2 feeds or something?!?

Merc 270 CDI
Does the Sky HD box work in the same way as the standard box and only needs the single cable into he back for HD pictures as well as the subscribtion charge?

Does the Sky HD box work in the same way as the standard box and only needs the single cable into he back for HD pictures as well as the subscribtion charge?

If you only have one cable, you'll only have one feed. Sky HD works fine over the one. The additional one is for recording two programs, or watching one and recording one.

If you have one cable, you'll just be able to watch one, or record one.

Merc 270 CDI
cool thats ok then just didn't think it would be worth getting a box if it did not work over a single cable because i couldn't get the information out of sky themselves.

I get mine free :rasp:

and no I dont work for them

EDIT: Oh and have no problems with using it whenever I want

320d
they change your dish for free, when i got my sky + they just came put a new dish on an hey presto it was fine.