ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RSTuner question...

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
My 182 is running software 8100, calibration 7803 and is an F4R CB22. My question is do I need to write a new ECU software or can I just write the new .cal file onto the old ECU software? Is there any advantage to uploading new ECU software? As I understand it, it's the .cal file that makes the difference?

Black R27, 205gti
You need the 8200_7804 RON98 CB22 aug 2008 .cal, but as you have the 8100 ECU, you should upgrade it to 8200_7804.rst before you upload the 8200_7804.cal

Thats what i did anyway.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Nice one, thanks. I got the right .cal file but it's good to know that i need the ecu file as well.

Black R27, 205gti
Remember to back up your old files before you upload the new ones (just incase you forget :))

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Yep, did that - cheers. Uploaded new ecu and .cal and it fired first time!

Black R27, 205gti
What are your 1st impressions? It took about 500 miles for mine to settle down but i noticed a difference straight away.

If i were to do it again i would fill with V-Power and go for a nice 300 mile drive, motorways and A/B roads.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
I'll let you know tomorrow. Will do a performance analyser at some point once I've had a chance to weigh the car.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Got to say the RS Tuner map has made a big difference to the car. Pulls a lot stronger and throttle response is so much sharper. 5K kick is smoothed out as well. Another thumbs up for this bit of kit.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
im still trying to get my PA sorted by contacting henk but as long as that gets sorted than same here, top product and recommeded to all, love being able poodle in 2nd at 2500rpm, then boot it and she actually pulls instead of slowy getting to 4500 then going insane. much more usable power is what id say. plus driving it from cold is as smooth as a mutha fucker