ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another newbie

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I'm thinking of getting myself either a 172 or a 182 and have a couple of question's.

Which one is best to go for?
As I've never drove on and I'm 6ft would this be an issue?
Best to get a cup edition as it will go on a track?

Ive had a couple of Subaru's in the past will I still get a little smile on my face.......

Johnny

Iceberg 172
Guess it depends on your budget - about £7k is tops for the last 172s & earliest 182s with average miles. Don't know too much about 182s, but with 172s the main omission on the Cup is ABS, along with some of the luxury items like auto-xenons, A/c, leather seats etc. I guess it depends how much road use you will do too.

6ft height shouldn't be a problem, although the driving position isn't the most comfortable anyway.

Welcome :)

I have test drove a subaru, an evo v111 and my girl has a civic type r, i have had a 182 for about 4 months now a its great! its the full fat with cruise control leather seats air con and all the works! and i left a 172 standing a month into my ownership!

Imo, the 182 with both cup packs rock! With all the cars i have drove, i have a smile on my face everytime i drive it!

I would go for a 182 if i was you, you will :D

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Thanks for the replys, i saw a 182 at Oulton Park this week it did look quick, i just need to test drive one now:)

182trophy & Williams
I'm thinking of getting myself either a 172 or a 182 and have a couple of question's.

Which one is best to go for?
As I've never drove on and I'm 6ft would this be an issue?
Best to get a cup edition as it will go on a track?

Ive had a couple of Subaru's in the past will I still get a little smile on my face.......

Johnny

hello mate,

welcome to the forum.

i'm 6"2 - no worries there
out of a 172/182, pretty simple imo, got to be a 172 cup - then get some buckets/recaro's