ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another new guy. Still deciding!

106 XSi
Hi all, I thought I'd say hello as i'm looking around the forums on the search for a nice 172, as I'm looking to have a change of car during the summer, before i probably delve in the depths of JDM Vtec.

So Even though it's barely any faster, I wanted something slightly newer, less miles, and slightly better MPG. Hence a 172 from a GTi-6.

Anyway, hello all.

Ry

106 XSi
I think it's the handling and chassis you'll like the most. Welcome matey

Thanks. My friend has a 172 Cup. It's alright. More solid, firmer ride. Better road holding. 1st gear is much better.

Just no lift-off oversteer, amazing 3rd/4th gear and build quality compared.

Hi all, I thought I'd say hello as i'm looking around the forums on the search for a nice 172, as I'm looking to have a change of car during the summer, before i probably delve in the depths of JDM Vtec.

So Even though it's barely any faster, I wanted something slightly newer, less miles, and slightly better MPG. Hence a 172 from a GTi-6.

Anyway, hello all.

Ry
Try a 172 cup???

306 GTi-6
I'm in the same position as you, i have around £5k max to spend but will still be keeping the GTi-6 :)

The Cup seems a fair bit nippier but lacks the decent interior etc of the 172 but to be honest i will settle for either, both are good fun. Just need to find a nice low miler :)

106 XSi
Yeah it's just a step sideways onto a more expensive car, then onto something worth more around 5k, then onto an ITR JDM DC2 eventally.

There are a few bargains around, but i'd really but looking for something in black and rather not go for the silver as that's very common and not my style really.

thanks for the welcome

image3055167w.jpg

106 XSi
OI! nothing wrong with silver :(

lol! Welcome

I didn't say there was! however I'm more of a blue/black person. Though I've seen some in red and they look really nice too.

Of course i'd love a liquid yellow 182 but I'd rather buy a Teg with the money haha.