ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another happy GDI customer

GDIRR1.gif

Those cams are hardcore!

The two torque bumps are a bit strange and the graph is w**k (quality).

Heres a graph of single ITB and the milder catcams

bhp2.jpg

Very different to mine

It kicks at 4k compared to mine at 5k (can that even be right? donsnt the cam timing change at 4.5k?)

Amazing how it has so much torque at 7.5k and how much bigger the area under the graph is compared to mine.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Least the figures are consistant! 227 or about that!

They go well enough! Graph's defo weird. It's worth firing onto another rollers for comparison sakes.

Ph1
Before the thread ends up turning a bit sour as usual can i ask what its like to drive from cold and at say 30 mph??

Does is jump splutter and cough ?

Mine can be dog rough at low speed with a few tweeks and cams. Really hard work

Good test will be at Pod. Keep us posted what it does mate

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The same RR can yield different results, thats why they arent worth thier salt.
Great for a laugh or mapping an engine, but thats about it.

Theres no substitute for a decent dyno cell.

Glad the OP is happy, wasnt taken with the install initally but it looks really neat with the bonnet shut and it makes sense to remove the slam panel even if looks wrong.

i'd be happy with that.

The same RR can yield different results, thats why they arent worth thier salt.
Great for a laugh or mapping an engine, but thats about it.

totally agree, mapping on them is about all they are good for.

Tom said:
Theres no substitute for a decent dyno cell.

TBH I wouldn't even be too worried about dyno figures, I always real world test mine down one particular stretch of road and make a note of the speedo upon crossing a certain point (also known as "The Bridge Test"). I've always been sceptical about RR results and the like since I went to that Mini RR day and from when mine made 203.8bhp @ the wheels on stock head and BE lol... and before any smart arse asks, NO, it wasn't RR'd at Mass with 240bhp! lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Even on the road things differ massively, lets be honest if you know your car well enough you can spot a change a mile off.

TBR never used RR's and ive had some terrific performance increases.

True, I could tell on the Williams that going from open K&N to an airbox with K&N panel made a noticable difference low down... obviously noticing throttle bodies and cams to standard was a little more obvious, as the car just feels lifeless in comparison, but I'm getting used to it and it's actually quite fun, doesn't require half the concentration when pressing on now. Must change suspension though...

aye he is, no idea if that's correct on the pistons though, I'll be using de luz in mine though... no idea if it will make much difference

TVR Cerbera
Before the thread ends up turning a bit sour as usual can i ask what its like to drive from cold and at say 30 mph??

Does is jump splutter and cough ?

Mine can be dog rough at low speed with a few tweeks and cams. Really hard work

Good test will be at Pod. Keep us posted what it does mate

it's not too bad round town better than i expected, doesn't splutter or cough though.

TVR Cerbera
do you notice from this thread and others before it, most people that question the power etc are from rival companies...eg yozza and angel...

The reason whyi chose GDI over the others is because andy seemed more professional and his prices were more reasonable. :rasp:

Ktec were the only other company that helped out loads and are cheap, yes yozza did help when i was building, but i'm afraid they are too expensive.

my car, my choice. end of

TVR Cerbera
my car, my choice. end of

yep exactly, yozza are more expensive, but then you have motorsport engineers working on your car, not "tuners" (not that they is anything wrong with that!)

I'm a motorsport engineer...well nearly. I'm an aerospace engineer, been tuning cars for 17 years and racing stockcars and mechanic for 5 years.

If i had access to a rr to tune it, believe me i would have

172, Tiguan
Less of the argueing please everybody, i've removed the usual predictable rubbish and just want to get on reading about this car.

TVR Cerbera
yep exactly, yozza are more expensive, but then you have motorsport engineers working on your car, not "tuners" (not that they is anything wrong with that!)

means very little what title people give themselves, results mean more. GDI have been getting a lot of features in respectable mags, and despite what you may think that's great for any business.

that spider in this month's performance french cars is the dogs gonads. putting out 254bhp :D

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
With that sort of power, your gonna surprise more than a few people. Nice work mate.
You far from Newark?? I live up on Fernwood near Balderton...be nice to have a look round your motor;)

TVR Cerbera
With that sort of power, your gonna surprise more than a few people. Nice work mate.
You far from Newark?? I live up on Fernwood near Balderton...be nice to have a look round your motor;)

Half way between newark and lincoln. only out at weekends usually cos i have a work van that i have to crawl around in weekdays :dapprove:

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I know what you mean, mine don't like getting dirty. So doesn't go out to play as often as i'd like. Hoping the weather will improve this summer so can get out more often.