ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another clutch judder!!!!!

2003 clio 172
Guys my 172 judders when pulling away and down shifting. It's tiring when in traffic and gets slightly worse when the temp rises
basically I live in Bromley and want to know if anyone here could do it or if there are recommended garages in my area
I'm imagining £300 ish ?
There's loads of posts I know but no definitive answer.
Oh it's a 2003 model
cheers!

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
renault clutch approx £ 180 + vat , plus new gearbox oil , approx £30 ish
+ labour , looking around £300 - £400. can get aftermarket clutch kit cheaper , just make sure its a good make of clutch as you will probably have problems with a very cheap one.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Lmao clutch 180+ ? no chance, clutch is around 100-110, oil is about 40, and if you can do it yourself then cheaper, but it is a subframe off job,

2003 clio 172
Don't fancy taking it apart as I have roughly three screwdrivers and a hammer !!
Anyone near Bromley recommended to do the job ?

Iceberg 172
Mine judders when pulling away, as if i'm not revving it hard enough but it doesn't slip and it's fine on down changes, just when i'm pulling away in traffic trying to keep the revs at 1500rpm, if I rev it to 2000rpm it's fine.

Is this just me trying to pull away with not enough revs or do i need to change my clutch?

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Mine judders when pulling away, as if i'm not revving it hard enough but it doesn't slip and it's fine on down changes, just when i'm pulling away in traffic trying to keep the revs at 1500rpm, if I rev it to 2000rpm it's fine.

Is this just me trying to pull away with not enough revs or do i need to change my clutch?

i have this problem also think i need a new clutch also :mad: 68k miles but i drive it abit hard + it makes a funny noise going down hills over bumps or on the stright but you put the clutch in and roll down over the bumps and the noise stops....at first i thought it was the exhaust. You notice it more if you tap the gas on an off so the car jumps :dapprove:

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
Lmao clutch 180+ ? no chance, clutch is around 100-110, oil is about 40, and if you can do it yourself then cheaper, but it is a subframe off job,
???????????????

7701476557 £179.14 + vat , renault part number and price , unless its very recently changed , thats the price on the renault parts system.

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
i was just showing him the renault price. most people get a valeo clutch from a motor factors , as you say , same kit , and cheaper.

monaco 172

mine does exactly this, its not slipping though so i assumed itd fine and me just not giving it enough revs?

Clio 182
i have this problem also think i need a new clutch also :mad: 68k miles but i drive it abit hard + it makes a funny noise going down hills over bumps or on the stright but you put the clutch in and roll down over the bumps and the noise stops....at first i thought it was the exhaust. You notice it more if you tap the gas on an off so the car jumps :dapprove:

I also have this exact problem. I thought i had a belt slipping (noise) but it goes away when dipping the clutch. I also have to get the revs up to stop the juddering. . . .