ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another acoustic valve thread

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I've read all the threads regarding the ac valve, so i asked a mate at Renault about it. They'd no idea what i was talking about. Does the valve really have a purpose and is it worth removing?

Renaultsport Clio 182
i noticed a slight difference in the feel of the car, but im not convinced its any quicker. It also feels more jerky when cold than it used to!

Clio 172 mk2
Lets be honest...it makes f-all difference performance wise wether it's removed or not.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I was told it was fitted due to some EU regaltion regarding reducing induction noise. This was regarding certain EU countries...not all but it is fitted across the board. This may be true.
My thoughts were it appeared to be the same as the old set up on carb airbox's were there was a manual winter/summer valve on the airbox inlet. This may be an automated version which opens up once the car is at operating temp and can run smoothly with chilled air. I could be completely wrong here. I have mine removed as I have an induction kit. The only reason I would leave in on is if mine were box standard.

even with mine removed mate there is no room i can see to poot a feed or any good size anyway i must be doing something wrong he he

a thirsty one
i took mine off today didnt take long to be honest the induction noise does seem a little louder especially at motorway speeds when you put your foot down it doesnt cost anything and doesnt do any harm can always re fit at later stage but im keeping my acoustic valve in a box under the stairs.

Clio 172 mk2
If it makes a difference it won't be noticeable behind the wheel.

Only real reason to remove it is if your fitting an induction kit and need to get some hosing down there to the foglight etc.

RSC 182 Cup
i noticed a slight difference in the feel of the car, but im not convinced its any quicker. It also feels more jerky when cold than it used to!

YES! I noticed that too, it's jerky at small throttle openings. Think I'll be putting it back on....

Clio 172 mk2
I undid the intake hose from the airbox and noticed no difference....TBH it wasn't even much louder

even if i remove the accouqstic valve i still cant see any room at all to put a better feed in going to get a pic done at the weekend to show you what i mean

Clio 172 mk2
You have to remove all the pipework too in order to get the airfeed down the gap.

Fooking tight but people must manage it somehow