ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 182 airbag/serv light thread - safe removal easy question!

Clio 182 Titanium
Hi all,
I'll be short! Had a crash at the 'ring years ago, seat airbags deployed, airbag & served lights on since. Replaced seats and now need light turned off for new m.o.t regs. Can I remove the airbag ECU and still drive the car? and is there any special procedure for this, I.e disconnect battery, remove airbag module, reconnect battery or should I just take it out?
Do have a 2nd hand module from another cliosport member, bosch 0285001496 but not checked original module part #. Temping to just whack the new one in and see what happens, or will I set the airbags off? Any ideas appreciated.
Did ring Fred@btm but he says he can't unlock the original. Didn't ask whether he could modify/check the airbag configuration of the 2nd hand one with a clip. M.o.t due in 7 days arghhhh.

Clio 182 Titanium
No-one knows whether a 182 will run without the airbag module?
Going to have to take the car off the road for a few days I guess :-(

Clio 182 Titanium
For people that do a search in the future and find this thread...
Yes a 182 will still run without the airbag module connected.
Just disconnected the earth on the battery, exposed and disconnected the airbag module, reattached battery earth and she started up just fine. Sent ECU off to have crash data removed. Should have done this 3 years ago LOL.
Will report back when refitted and hopefully airbag/serv light will vanish!