ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Work Firewall

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Am well annoyed today! The thought police at work have decided that CS should be blocked through our work firewall...:mad:
I tend to look on here a couple of times a day while waiting for things (so not wasting time!), and have actually learned a lot of useful stuff from here. However some c**k in IT has undoubtedly decided that someone else using the internet is interfering with their network gaming, so blocked it.

Why the hell do these companies feel like they have to play big brother and put these (no doubt hugely expensive) monitoring and filtering systems in place, rather than trusting the (extremely intelligent) people they have working for them (about 30-50% PhD's). I understand them blocking p**n and music (for legal/copyright reasons) but this is ridiculous and petty :banghead:- it's not as if they're going to get any more work out of me by doing it either - I'll just sit and drink loads of coffee instead now:coffee:...:butt:
So, life at work is going to be very boring from now on...:cry:

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Don't know if I'll be able to get that through?
I think (knowing what our IT nazi's are like!) that I'll just have to make do with logging in from home in the evenings instead, just to be on the safe side...

Monaro VXR
Because my uni wouldnt allow me on certain sites i just set up VNC so i could use my PC at home as if i was actually at it. its not the most secure thing but it'll do the job possibly.

RS 200
browno said:
(knowing what our IT nazi's are like!)

^^ LOL, never heard that one before, I myself am an " IT Nazi " where I work at a top school and recently we blocked a site that was allowing the kids to get round the filtering that we have in place (fair to say that it too is now well and truely blocked aswell :approve: ) , give the following internet proxy a try:

www.hidemyass.com

Chris

haha i love been the it nazi

its simple your paid to work not surf the net live with it :D

most good software/hardwar wont let you proxy either so it all depends if yours have done a half arsed job