ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying knocking noise!

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
ive got quiet a loud knock coming from what seems like the front end of the car. ive checked round almost everything. wheel bearings, track rod ends, anti roll bar bushes engine mounts etc and cant seem to find anything wrong. help please!!

80MPG BEEZA
he does have an aftermarket zorst, we had noticed there is a gap between his strut top and his strut top mount, is this normal? its been lowered

02' PH1 172
dunno if thats normal. i bought my car with an aftermarket zorst on it and the nuckle where the zorst meets the manifold was too big and cause nocking on hard accelleration cuz it was hitting the cross member. they just fabricated me a new nuckle and now there is no knocking. when does the noise happen?? all the time?

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
dunno if thats normal. i bought my car with an aftermarket zorst on it and the nuckle where the zorst meets the manifold was too big and cause nocking on hard accelleration cuz it was hitting the cross member. they just fabricated me a new nuckle and now there is no knocking. when does the noise happen?? all the time?

theres no knock under hard accellaration its only when im hitting bumps

R35 GTR
I have finally figured out what my knocking is. :) It was a mount on the exhaust fanimold downpipe that has snapped causing the exhaust to hit the arb and subframe i think. Well it's hitting something due to it swinging free.

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
I have finally figured out what my knocking is. :) It was a mount on the exhaust fanimold downpipe that has snapped causing the exhaust to hit the arb and subframe i think. Well it's hitting something due to it swinging free.

well i checked that to and the manifold is miles away from the sub frame

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Id'd put money on the arb hitting the subframe if its proper low, over speed humps etc?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmm maybe not then. With both my coilovered cars i noticed the arb at the back of the wishbones were hitting the subframe. Its a quick check you can do on the floor tbh, it was obvious on mine, cracked paint on the arb and marks on the alu coloured subframe. Smallest bumps though....... top mount bearings? Milage of the car etc?

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
Hmmm maybe not then. With both my coilovered cars i noticed the arb at the back of the wishbones were hitting the subframe. Its a quick check you can do on the floor tbh, it was obvious on mine, cracked paint on the arb and marks on the alu coloured subframe. Smallest bumps though....... top mount bearings? Milage of the car etc?

i was thinking top mount bearings. havent checked them yet. car got a little over 33k on it

ff clio 172
try anit roll bar bushes thats what mine was, it would rattle on uneven roads or over speed bumps or small pot holes cost about £7

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
right people the knocking noise is gone and it was actually the LH front caliper. only found this out as the caliper fell off and after repairing it and taking the car out the knock had gone. i think 1 caliper bolt has been off for a while which is what has been knocking and the other has eventually come off. i cant believe i didnt spot this! this has also happened to marks 172 (batman) has this happened to any1 else?

02' PH1 172
hasnt happened to mine but i all of a sudden have a knocking noise again, but not from the zorst, gonna check out the bushes and caliper. damit