ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anglesey Seascapes

Ian

Focus TDCi
Stopped off at Anglesey this weekend for two nights and took the camera along for a bit of a run out. We went for a bit of a mooch on Saturday and ended up at Penmon and then later on at Red Wharf Bay.

The weather was pisch, rained pretty much non-stop, but the scenery made up for it!

Canon 450d, 18-55 kit lens, Cokin Graduated Red or Yellow filter, handheld.

4144492300_40a7bedf73_o.png

4143918359_ba3c9322b0_o.png

4144503002_4c7a8548b7_o.png

4143807923_f5514c592d_o.png

4144582996_d64ddc1e65_o.png

4144614452_43089979cd_o.png

4144652354_d332a93306_o.png

4143903541_b0e5a9cf71_o.png

4144043527_09f4ea2bfb_o.png

4143935349_868950b14f_o.png

(Obviously not handheld!)

A few photos of a friend of the family's dog:

4144746758_1ee35baabf_o.png

4144007249_31dea17012_o.png

(Turns out tracking a brown dog in evening light is blummin' hard!)

Thanks,
Ian :)

Quality Ian, far better than the crap I took in Anglesey.

I have to admire you, you've started at about the same level as me this year, but got a lot further and stuck with it, where I've just hit a wall and lost interest.

Mondeo ST220
Great pics Ian. I really need to get my camera out again. Haven't taken a pic in ages. They're some very nice photos though. Can't pick a favourite.

Oil Burner
Excellent pics Ian,

Did you try any long exposures of the sea, to get the misty effect.

Like this (not mine, stolen from google)

gallery_seascapes1.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks for all the comments, it was the first time I'd purposefully gone out to try landscape photos, so happy they've gone down so well. :) There's quite a few things I want to work on, but happy enough for a first go.

No I didn't try any long exposures Nick, although I think they would have looked good! I don't have any ND filters (Only got some second-hand Cokin coloured filters) and I didn't have my tripod with me, so didn't get the chance. Most of these are taken between ISO 400 and 1600 to allow for handheld.

Hopefully get the chance to go back and do things properly though! Also need to tone down the sharpening looking at these again lol.

RS Megane DCi 175
Great shots Ian, superb.
The Cokin filters work really well as well. I've been after some meself - where'd you buy them from? Online or instore?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fanstastic shots Ian, really, really impressive.

PMSL @ the dogs face in the last one :cool:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks again. :)

Great shots Ian, superb.
The Cokin filters work really well as well. I've been after some meself - where'd you buy them from? Online or instore?

I picked them up a few weeks ago from the Talk Photography forum classifieds. Probably paid a bit too much (£25) as they're mostly just solid colour filters, except for the pink and yellow graduated (There are nine in total). I'm on the lookout for some neutral ones though, as the coloured ones feel a little gimmicky to me! (Good for wall print photo sales though I imagine!) I might end up getting the Hitech filter and Lee holder combination though as they're meant to be the best quality for the price.

Fanstastic shots Ian, really, really impressive.

PMSL @ the dogs face in the last one :cool:

Lol! He's a nutter, but soft as anything. :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ah you went to penmon, great place as its very haunted aswell, did you go to the end ov penmon? were theres like this old buildings and a lighthouse?

If you did then by the lighthouse you can basicly see puffin island, which would have made some awesome shots :)

i really like this:
as its got the fantastic view of the mountains covered in snow
4143918359_ba3c9322b0_o.png

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ah you went to penmon, great place as its very haunted aswell, did you go to the end ov penmon? were theres like this old buildings and a lighthouse?

If you did then by the lighthouse you can basicly see puffin island, which would have made some awesome shots :)

i really like this:

#IMG#

as its got the fantastic view of the mountains covered in snow

Cheers Jay, didn't realise you were local!

We went to the Priory, but it was pouring down and they wanted monies for parking, so we gave up on that. Ended up going back along the road that leads to it and parking on the corner. Only found out about the lighthouse and Puffin Island after we got home. We tend to go a few times a year though, so hopefully get back up that way. :)

Would have liked to take that photo with a slow exposure, would've worked better I think. The kit lens rotates the filters as well when you focus, so they're a pain to get right handheld, bit too low on that one I think!