ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Auto Stereo

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Picking up a new car later which has a double-din sized stereo - are there any decent but cheap stereos about that have Android Auto?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
In for answers. I looked at the cheap ones on eBay but seems they're a waste of time.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Given my recent foray into finding a headunit for my TT I'm going say the Kenwood or Sony is worth twice the price.

All the Chinese Android headunits are plagued by problems, inferior components, lesser sound quality, interference and noise, some functions not working as stated, piss poor radio reception, poor after-sales support, I could go on.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
I thought that might be the case, but you can never tell from just looking at the listings!

Looks like I will have to save up some pennies and go for a branded item then

Listerine & Poledo
Buy cheap, buy twice

or

Buy cheap, lower your expectations in line with the flakey product that took a month to arrive, then go evangelical to anyone who ever wants a stereo about "WingWang DoobleDins on Alibaba Express"

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Also started looking for one.

Pioneer SPH da-230 seems to be one of the best of the 'budget' android auto ones?

Anyone suggest any other? The Sony XAV-AX100 is of a similar ilk, but seems to be a bit older than the pioneer. What are the Kenwood and JVC equivalents?

Is android control and android auto 2 totally different things? Like HD ready and full HD, for tvs?

I want basically to have my android phone on my dash and be able to plug it in to connect - no faffy wireless control that kills the phone battery