ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

And so the work begins....

BMW E36 328
As some of you may know my car was destroyed by a ford KA, and the oinsurance said unless i had video evidence then it was my fault, so i was going to take it to a garage but i thought why not have a go myself and see what happens, first i went to costco and got myself a 3ton low entry race jack

P1010228.jpg

I then set about removing the broken front bumper and the broken passenger wing

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

Once they were off i started to remove the broken steering rack, it was a pig to remove but i got there in the end, i also straightened out the bent slam panel (thats what i think its called)

P1010227.jpg

And now the car is sat in my garage waiting for a bumper wing and steering rack which i am getting this week

P1010229.jpg

P1010230.jpg

Im going to give the engine bay a bit of a clean aswel, im really pleased i decided to have a go myself. it was hard to remove the steering rack but after a bit of shouting and swearing it was off lol
thanks for looking will post up more updated soon
rob

BMW E36 328
Oh yeh i need a new headlight aswel, it hasnt smashed or anything but the brackets that hold it on have all smashed off, At least the subframe hasnt been damaged by the impact

Evo 8 MR
How the hell did you straighten the slam panel on your driveway?

Also, in that last pic it looks like it's still bent just above the area you've painted.

BMW E36 328
i used the standard jack to straighten it mate its not as bad as it looks on the pic as i took it at a funny angle, it still needs a little bit of work on it, i could really do with a pictue of a passenger side slam pannel to see how it should look,

BMW E36 328
Not bad that. Saves a lot of *****ing about with blocks of wood! Good luck with the rest of the rebuild

Cheers mate, lots of work to do yet, but im really enjoying doing it tbh, keep finding things to do along the way

BMW E36 328
where is the best place to get a front bumper from? i rang renault today but couldnt get a price and euro car parts havnt got back to me

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
fair play to having a try yourself always good to learn

try ebay for a bumper? even if its second hand will be as good as new with a respray ?

BMW E36 328
quick update just ordered a new bumper and wing from renault that im going to collect later in the week

BMW E36 328
bumper was £147 and the wing was £56.78 so just gona go with that, wanted somme new ones tbh mate, unless a member off here has any for sale, gona get the front of the car resprayed me thinks bonnet is full of chips and my brother scratched it with a spade

Last edited:
  200 FF Storm Grey
Good luck mate, fair play for trying to do it yourself, something I wouldn't have the patience for, you'll no doubt enjoy it at the same time aswell

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good effort, i want one of thoese jacks lol!!! sick of getting blocks of wood just to jack it up

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Good effort, i want one of thoese jacks lol!!! sick of getting blocks of wood just to jack it up

i hear you!

good luck mate, not really clued up on the subject so dont know what you have to get done.

but good luck all the same lol.

BMW E36 328
Just a luittle update, went to renault this morning to pick up my new bumper, wing, light and steering rack, forgot to get an arch liner tho :mad:

My new light

P1010232.jpg

Wing

P1010233.jpg

Bumper

P1010234.jpg

I have also bought a new set of bump strips as im going to get the bumper colour coded to match the rest of the car. All the parts are off to be sprayed this week and the steering rack will be on tomorrow, so with a bit of luck it should be on the road for next weekend whooooooooo

BMW E36 328
luckily ive got a company car as im doing some presentations up and down the country, cant wait to get it back on the road, your cars looking ace btw steve

BMW E36 328
its all updated on the progress thread just for you jamie lol, i should have done it ages ago reli lol