ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An Apple TV (Not ATV)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Doesn't make any sense to me unless it has a USP that i cant think of.

There is no way Apple could make the best TV money can buy. ATV2 is awesome and i love mine. But this? This is hyperdumb.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah that would work. You could offer subscriptions to channels and content.
But few have a connection capable of running all that, especially not in the US. My broadband is 6mb and thats above average!

Yeah but that's because of the resolution. No tv needs to be 2560x1440.

It's been rumoured for years. It will sell because it's Apple but it's a very competitive area and there's no real need for them to get involved. Do an 'all you can eat' subscription for iTunes and watch that kill cable.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah but that's because of the resolution. No tv needs to be 2560x1440.

It's been rumoured for years. It will sell because it's Apple but it's a very competitive area and there's no real need for them to get involved. Do an 'all you can eat' subscription for iTunes and watch that kill cable.

But whats the point in doing a TV?

Just sell an even cheaper ATV or give one away with a Sub?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised they didn't give them away with the back2school promo. Be a good way to get them out there.

I've probably completely made this up; but didn't apple sell apple-branded TVs about five or so years ago?

Didn't last long, and there doesnt seem to be any trace of them anywhere. But I'm certain they were on the apple store when I bought my mac mini (2005ish), I was tempted but didn't need a tv at the time, and they werent anything special.

Maybe I dreamt it..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
mactv.jpg

LOL it cost about £2500 in todays money!

There was this too
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/0306983AppleTVBox.pdf

Nah, it was neither of them, it was a silver coloured LCD screen.

Hmm. I'm thinking it might've been mockup or something...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It was probably a demo screen for the orginal apple TV

Most stores used black pioneer plasmas

When I said apple store, I meant the online one. No hardware demos there. And I'm adamant it was for sale there. But disappeared without a trace a few weeks later.

Wierd,