ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amplifying Car Speakers

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Hi all.
I've fitted various simple systems in the past now but looking for something of better quality, but still to a tight budget.

I've recently picked up a 02 Ford Focus RS.

Instead of adding weight with my old sub build, I'm after amplifying the door/rear quarter speakers.

I have a 1000W 4 Channel amp left from my twin sub install which I want to use for the speakers in the car.

I was wanting to run components up front and coaxial in the back.

Looking on the mind field that is eBay there are LOADS of "kits" offered.

Maximum I'd be looking at spending around £80-£100 on speakers.

Any suggestions on makes to look for as I've only ever used the main stream brands, and non of the less heard of brand which unknown to me, maybe alright??

Thanks,

James.

SPL Dynamics are decent. I had them and so does another user on here.
From Car Audio Direct.

Coaxial I wouldn't bother spending too much. I wouldn't bother amping them, The amount the rear door cards vibrate gets on your nerves.
​But as you've already got a four channel I guess you might as well.

What does your amp output in RMS per channel? You'll want to find some speakers with a similar RMS rating.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Yea that was the plan. I don't have the details of it to hand but ill take a look.

​Cheers.