ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amplifier

ur megane r26
hi peole, i have a 1.2 clio dynamique absolutely love it!!!, i have brought an alpine headunit and fitted, i have brought sony 6 x 9's and they are running off of my rear speakers for the moment, but yesturday i went and purchased a 1000w sub manufactured by pioneer, the problem which i have is i dont know what amp to buy, i dont want one which is more powerful than the sub due to obvious reason, any help would be much appreciated... cheers people. ooo and if ya have suggestions to any amps plz let me no i will be more than happy to have a butch

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You would struggle to produce a Kilowatt of power in a car. These numbers are all but meaningless. They represent total music power...distortion and all.
Half that number as the real handling power then half again for the amount of total power output from the amp required to drive it and you end up at about 100w RMS. THAT your battery/ alternator and your hearing, can just about cope with and your wallet will be much more comfortable.

Dont get drawn in by the power numbers game, its a bit like 0-60, how often do you try that out .....?...really.. BS baffles brains and costs money....

Polo + Micra
lol it's easy to produce a kilowatt in a car

just most times when some thing says 1000watts is usually around 250wRMS

ur megane r26
well this is all the product details so......... here goes

• 12" 1000W subwoofer
  • Composite IMPP cone using interlaced Aramid fibre with reinforcement arcs
  • Wide-roll, 3-layer fibre woven radial surround
  • Dual mass high power magnet
  • Extended and vented pole yoke
  • Frequency response: 18 - 5,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity (1W/1m): 89 dB
  • Nominal Input Power: 400W (1000W max)
Product Description
pixel_black.gif

Sublime power is within your grasp - with Pioneer a-Ccelerate subwoofers. The redesigned and improved cone, cast in composite IMPP using interlaced Aramid fibre, features a patent-pending technology, to bring you all the punch and clarity you’ll ever need. Total precision can be yours, even at kicking volumes. Build your high performance system with a larger or smaller enclosure volume - with a-Ccelerate’s increased flexibility, the choice is yours. Connect thick cables for that power boost you’ve always wanted - a totally safe operation, with Pioneer’s specially designed magnet cover and push terminals. Pioneer spells pure power, and sonic satisfaction.

ur megane r26
i also found that this sub has an rms of 400 watts, read one of the reviews from someone who is a bit more experienced in this department, come on people i realli need some help here would be well appreciated as well

Polo + Micra
yeah you need an amp that will do about 500wRMS

but without knowing the impeadance(sp) of the sub i can't recommend an amp

GOLF GT TDI
i have just recently bought 2 Genesis Profile Sub Ultra amps (1k each), one for each sub and a profile 4 ultra for comps ;)

so from the subs alone it will be 2k but as people who know genesis they under rate there products