ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amping Tweeters!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
right today i amped my front comps (pics and guide up soon) using new premium speaker wire! took me a while but i got there in the end! im just a little worried now that my efforts may have gone a little to waste as i haven't connected the tweeters to my amp to. they are just connected to the standard renault wiring!

i jus wondered if theres a way of amping my tweeters or if its not really necessary?!! has anyone else done this? pics? info? anything...

any help please fellas
thanks
Renshaw

Tweeters should be connected to the cross-over which in turn should be connected to the amplifier. The cross-over filters the signal to stop a full range signal being fed to the tweeters and blowing them up

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
if you got comps didn't they come with a x-over?

yes but i've never had comps with separate crossovers before so im a little unsure what to do. i think i know now what to do.

Tweeters should be connected to the cross-over which in turn should be connected to the amplifier. The cross-over filters the signal to stop a full range signal being fed to the tweeters and blowing them up

can i get away with using normal thin(ish) speaker wire for this then? i plan on mounting the crossover in the door because its neat and out of the way! but there isnt a lot of space to feed much more wire back through into the car!

Renshaw

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
was thinking if i could use the small plastic plate in the corner of the door, the bit that hides the wing mirror fittings and electrics. i had a look and theres enough space to mount and feed wire through down to the crossover. not sure how it will look tho. i'd do a propper job with mounting and trimming it but i havent seen this done in a clio before.

any views??

Renshaw

I fitted MB Quarts and they have huge x-overs...found the easiest place was to put them in the centre console behind the gear lever on passenger side, then its pretty easy to route wires into your door and up your dash for the tweeters, I have mine in the A-pillars cos the standard location firing into the windscreen causes reflections...also, the mounting depth in that piece in the door might not be deep enough to mount them properly.

Tweeters do not need the same current as the woofers do, so wire gauge is not too important, but I did find changing to proper cable made a difference... I'm an audiophile, enjoy my staging and imaging, but if you just want it loud and sounding good, the original renault cable will do fine...

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
have you got any pics of ur set-up? and the location of the crossovers?? i've benn looking it the door card and i think i've found a good spot to fit mine but it'll involve a little surgery lol

Renshaw