ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amping componants

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
Hey all,

I currently have some cheap JBL componant speakers in my car (cost bout 30-40 quid) I was thinking of upgrading to some £120 rainbow componants but I cant be arsed with amping them, would I notice a big difference in buying better the speakers? I know its an amazing difference if I amp them but still

Thanks in advance :D

v.cheapferrari
you would notice a difference between the jbl & those rainbows becuase with all respect to jbl, they arent the best brand, whereas rainbow components are up there with the best, even the introductory products

they have better SQ, probs lower rms, & will play louder with less distortion

Renault Clio
Yeh like dunnaz says you would notice a small difference, like when i upgraded from cheap pioneer coaxials to infinity reference components which are only entry infinity but my god do they sound good! I think with components you need to pay the money to get the quality like with alot of things. I havent amped mine....yet its in the pipeline like everything else haha

Renault Clio
the infinitys are about 75quid a throw for a set i think maybe more i paid like 90 each set for mine, i haven't heard their kappa range but it is supposed to be good and for the money you pay it certainly should be!

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
the reason why I probaly wont be amping is because a mate of mine has fucked the remote wire up, i dont have a clue what to do to sort it lol :D

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
i got a Headunit off Ebay, it was foreign so I didnt know which wire was which. So I just pulled out the connectors out of the back of the standard HU, and plugged them in my new one.

I followed a guide on here to cut the grey wire and connect it to the remote to get all the amp working, after fitting my steering wheel controls, it came apart and with my mate being eager to lsiten to some tunes with the good bass I let him try and sort it.

In the process he balls it up and now i have a very tiny grey wire i cant connect anyhting too