ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp, Sub & 6x9 Keep switching itself off

Vantage
... at one point it melted the fuse.. but this time it hasnt..

i would re-wire it but its too much of a job so wanted to know what the problem could be!?

Polo + Micra
my guess is too much current for the power cable you are using, thus causing a high volt drop and the amp cuts out as it doesn't have a high enough voltage.

Vantage
ive just put a bit of foil in the fuse part of the power cable...

it seems to be working fine now but ive got a feeling its going to cut out again ?

Polo + Micra
ive just put a bit of foil in the fuse part of the power cable...

it seems to be working fine now but ive got a feeling its going to cut out again ?

your winding me up aint you with the foil?

if your not joking it probably will cut out again once your interior starts to burn

Vantage
ok so im guessing it will cause i bigger problem...

best if i just rewire it.. :dead:

can i ask... how and why this would cause a problem like this?

Polo + Micra
if the fues holder is loose then replace that

but i sort of know what your on about with the foil as a wedge rather than to replace the fuse so to speak

have you got a photo of your fuse holder?

Vantage
if the fues holder is loose then replace that

but i sort of know what your on about with the foil as a wedge rather than to replace the fuse so to speak

have you got a photo of your fuse holder?

no i haven't as its too dark outside to take a picture,

it became stiff as a fuse melted in there before...

i will replace the whole wire tommorw, thanks for the help!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
ok ive cleaned the fuse holder out now.. is it ok to carry on using this wire?

No. By the sounds of things the cable you are using is too thin to supply sufficient current to your amp this is why it keeps cutting off. If you keep running it you run the risk of the copper inside the cable heating up and causing the plastic sheathing to melt which could cause a fire!

I'm pretty sure plenty of people have told you the dangers and your not really taking it very seriously.

First of all, what cable are you using atm 8AWG? and what amp/amps are you running. perhaps a picture would clear this up better.

Regards Dean.

Polo + Micra
i noticed you are after some cable to re wire your amp

i've got some black 16mm2 (think it's 6 awg) you could have if you want to come pick it up (in cwmbran so not a million miles from bristol)