ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Standard Head Unit

Hi All,

Im wanting to have my standard headunit amped. Ive changed the standard speakers to Infinitys and JBL tweeters. Can this be done? and how much am i looking at?

"Navy" N17 TWO
You'll probably blow it being standard Renault equipment lol

It would be a wiser option to upgrade the HU then look into buying an amp if you want to enhance your setup further :)

Clio MK2 (1.2)
as Tigger said ul 99.9% have to upgrade your Headunit, or there 1 other thing u can do is to run more speakers from the other speakers u got allready, sounds weird but it does work, did it on the 306 and it worked great voice with the subs,

buy a line output converter and you can,adding more speakers to standard wiring is stupid,increasing ohm resistance and decreasing watts per speaker

have you got a link to a line output convertor for my cup? With one of these do i connect it to my headunit and then amp?

1.2 MK2 PH2
You can get a convertor like, there about 10quid from halfords, you connect your speaker wires to the convertor then the RSA (not sure of cable name, its the big fat blue one that connects to the amp) we did this in my m8s mini as it was silly money for a convertor from Beemer. Ive tried it in my clio to and it was fine but didnt have it in for a long time so i couldnt say how good it is over time!