ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp power cable through bulkhead?

phase 1 172
after a week or two of faultless enjoyment from my new clio i have my first question...
does anybody know the easiest way to get an amp power cable through the bulkhead on a phase 1 172?? i've been out today and had a look and there is no spare grommet for it to go through and so it looks like drilling a new hole but where is best?

phase 1 172
thanks very much for the reply fella, i have just been out for another look and i have got it done... it was bloody hard work though. there is also an alarm cable already going through that grommet which made it a bit more awkward.

E46 M3
thanks very much for the reply fella, i have just been out for another look and i have got it done... it was bloody hard work though. there is also an alarm cable already going through that grommet which made it a bit more awkward.

What gauge cable did you use? I tried to get some 4 gauge through for battery relocation and it wasn't happening.

phase 1 172
not sure quite what it is what i've used but it's less than 4 guage as that would never have got through the grommet. i've now been out and finished the rest of the wires and hidden them all behind the plastic trim, it all works ok and so all i need now is some sticky backed velcro which i will get on my way home from work 2mora.

phase 1 172
I drilled a whole then put silicone around it

i looked at drilling a hole but to be honest i was a bit worried about where it was going to come out and possibly do more damage than i could manage, maybe if i need to up the guage in future drilling a new hole will be the way forward!