ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp locations...

No wheels :(
Hi all,

I'm about to upgrade my front components, Alpine Type X with a complimenting amp, but where is ideal?

Also, installing a rear 12" Alpine Type R Sub, with Alpine PDX 1.600 amp, where can I put my amps? The PDX doesn't have the option to be screwed down as its stackable...

Any ideas?

I'm up for doing a mini boot build, just something simple like this:

P1130010.jpgP1130009.jpg

Let me know ideas though guys, little bit puzzled too!

Thanks, Sam

A.N. Other
In my 172 i'm toying with putting an amp under the passenger seat - will have to be a small model though, taking the place of the stock cd-changer that's fitted there.
I reckon most people just make up a board to fit to the rear seat(s).

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
When I had a silly amount of amps in my clio I put one under the drivers seat, fitted in there quite snug.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Rememeber the whole idea of the cooling fins on an amp is to disperse heat, so having them in as much open air, or well vented space is a must. Thats about the only rule for amp fitting (other than also avoiding damp!)

Listerine & Poledo
what HU are you using?

If it's alpine you may be intersted in their power-pack upgrade. Much easier to fit, even if it's not so good on Watts per £

I've got a good Sony one, cost less than the Alpine one I was looking at, plus got all the bluetooth features i couldn't get on an Alpine one...

Thinking of under the seat too, but impossible to wire due to the space?! Or would you wire, and then just tuck it under there?

I've got a simple MRP - T220 amp for the comps, should be powerful enough for them... Nice and small amp, could just hide under there?

Thanks, Sam

I've got a good Sony one, cost less than the Alpine one I was looking at, plus got all the bluetooth features i couldn't get on an Alpine one...

Thinking of under the seat too, but impossible to wire due to the space?! Or would you wire, and then just tuck it under there?

I've got a simple MRP - T220 amp for the comps, should be powerful enough for them... Nice and small amp, could just hide under there?

Thanks, Sam