ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMP keeps blowing fuse

The 30amp inline fuse on the power cable for my amp keeps blowing. Basically it's a 600watt amp with what I think is a 300watt sub. Each channel on the amp only provides 100 odd amps so have wired it up to two channels. Is this ok? There isn't a lot of bass from the sub so wondering where I have gone wrong there.

The Earth and Power leads all have good connections. Only thing I can think it's related to is I have use an autoleads wirings kit as opposes to the one with the sub and amp. This has a slightly thicker power cable though no inline fuse and due to a previous bad experience don't want to take that chance of running it.

Monaro VXR
What amp do you have? As a 600w RMS amp will need more than a 30amp fuse. Likely looking at 60amp fuse usually to stop it blowing. Best thing to do is look on the amp itself and see how many blade fuses it has and what they are rated at. If there are 2 add them together. Then buy an inline fuse slightly higher than that. Should stop your problems.