ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp install using OEM wiring

275 Trophy
Currently got Pioneer DEH-5200SD & TS-Q131C fitted but have bought a Alpine MPR-F450 amp. Is it possible to wire the speaker feed from the amp to the connector behind the head unit, using an opposite sex connector so as to preserve the original wiring and to prevent messing about with running new cables into the doors?

Will this also supply the tweeters, for which i believe i don't need crossovers as they are part of the direct pioneer replacements, and also the Alpine amp has a high pass filter that does the same thing?

Is this possible, or am I missing something? I've also got a Alpine 12" sub that will be part of this install, but I think I've got my head round that.

pretty pointless,the cable wont be thick enough to take that power,would be a waste of time if you arent going to use the full benefit of it

275 Trophy
Seems to me you're never gonna get anything like audiophile quality in a car so the marginal benefits of better quality speaker wire aren't worth the effort fitting it. I've hundreds of pounds worth of cable on my home system so its not that I don't know it would sound better, or are you saying that 50 or so watts will melt the OEM wiring?

Do you mean as in crimp the speaker wires at the back of the headunit and wire them to the amp, rather than laying all new wires through the doors and to the tweeters from the amp?

Last edited:
  275 Trophy
Yeah that's what I mean, but I would rather not alter the original wiring so wondered if I could buy an adapter to do this which would plug into the connector that would normally go to the head unit.

Yea just buy a wiring harness.
Get them from Halfords or something and just cut the wires on that so you when you want to go back to normal just throw away the harness and plug it back in like normal.

Also then if it don't work you've not lost out apart from £15 if it goes wrong or you don't like it.