ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp in protection mode

2000 Clio 1.4 Sport
hey, I have a JA590 amp and I cant get it off protection mode. I know this is usually caused by the ground but its been checked many times and doesn't seem to be faulty....anyone with ideas would be appreciated.

172cup
Maybe a dodgy amp Was sent to you. Like you said usually an earth problem if its in protection mode or blowing fuses. Is it well ventilated to stop overheating, Correct fuses being used ?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Fuses would make no difference.... Protection is almost always earth, is your earth cable ok? Where is it earthed?

BG 182
FLi amps are renowned for this. Check your ground is substantial and maybe try grounding it elsewhere first. If this fails, it tends to mean there is an issue internally within the amp. Normally this is solder melting due to inadequate ventilation.