ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMD vs Intel

Just out of curiosity, what CPU do you use/belevie is the best?

I'm currently using an AMD athlonxp 1600+, old I konw!

But I'm upgrading to the Core 2 Duo when I get all my parts through.

I've never had a problem with AMD, I have been convinced Intel piss all over AMD.

What are your veiws?

Mondeo ST220
got a reasonably new pc with an intel core 2 duo processor and just got a laptop with an AMD turion 64 x2 processor and i have to say the AMD seems to be the better by far

Not a Clio
Since building my own I've always gone for AMD simply because of the price. As long as you're getting the performance you'd expect then I wouldn't lose any sleep over what might be better.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
The Athlon was strong against the P4, but the C2D is the best desktop processor right now no question. The Athlon is now an elderly design, so AMD will either have to compete on price or bring a new architecture to the table. I have moved from an Opteron to a C2D recently and have no regrets. Not to mention, the C2D is hugely overclockable ;)

Monaro VXR
The Intel Core2's are currently the best cpu you can go for. The AMD architecture is getting on a bit now and they are working on a new CPU but until that comes along the Intel is the best choice.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
had AMD for years. no problems, but moved to Intel and it runs soooo much cooler, i can have my fans on 40% and my pc is virtualy silent. i had about 12 fans in the case and a decent CPU fan on the AMD and it took some cooling. far too loud for leaving the pc on all 24/7

Thanks for the replies. It looks to me like Intel have the upperhand at the monent, so I'm goin to go with my first choice which is the C2D. Unless anyone thinks its worth waiting for AMD to catch up and become ahead of the game again?

Revels Mum & Sister
Nah go with the Intel IMO. Cant complain for the price. Very overclockable as well if you ever want some more power.