ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon 360 pre-order - NOT HAPPY !

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Order mine on 19th September (2 months ago).

Checked my account and it changed to ... delivery estimate: 20 Feb 2006 - 21 Feb 2006

They were still advertising pre-orders like f*k only a week or two ago.

Even worse .......... Mate checked yesterday and guess what ......... no order on the system for his ! ... he is well p*ssed

Oh dear, amazon have always been spot on with me and all my previous orders. fair enough if their allocation has been cut massively but not even an email to say the delivery has changed (wed/thurs was still 30 nov 2005 despatch).

May have to re-think who i buy all my games from in future .... and my next ipod ..... and my next digital camera .... and toys for bambino. They have well and truely p*ssed on their chips with me if one doesnt turn up.

Rant over ! :mad:

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Just spoken to another friend and his still says 30th Nov ..... he ordered his 3 week ago . WTF !!!!!!!!!

Nike Lunar Elite's
There is a lot of confusion with the release atm. I ordered mine from Game (on the web) but it says that only people who ordered before 22nd August are guarenteed one for launch, but I didn't order mine till September. I had to go into the Merry Hill store Stuarday to collect my preorder pack. I spoke to the manager there and he said that everyone who has preordered the premium pack from Game will be getting one on launch date, despite their website saying that they were out of stock a long time ago. I'm not sure if the website is just covering its own back, or if the manager was just telling me what I wanted to here.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Luckily amazon have a UK customer services phone number that i found. Customer services rep is waiting to speak to his team leader about it. He checked my account and said that my position in the pre-order line still stands (but this doesnt explain why my mates order still says he is getting one ???) . I changed my payment method and he reckons there could be a glitch in the system where it thinks i have only just placed the order.

Just thankful there is a UK 0800 number and that i didnt have to speak to someone in india!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
gutted for u mate, what u need is someone to be a manager of argos in ya family so u can get priority ;)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Well my mate has said his is still sayin 2nd dec (and he had never used amazon before!) so im goin to kick off royal if it aint sorted !

if your that bothered about getting one, get down to somewhere like tesco on the night it is released, they dont do pre orders, im sure if you could easily get one.

Indeed, go to Tesco or Asda and get one for a decent price in there. They always get considerable allocations but don't accept pre-orders.

Amazon have done this many many times with pre-orders of various items in the past (including the Star Wars trilogy box set, which if I remember correctly they started posting in reverse order until everyone went mad), wouldn't touch them for such things to be honest.

dk

911 GTS Cab
mauricewt said:
Luckily amazon have a UK customer services phone number that i found. Customer services rep is waiting to speak to his team leader about it. He checked my account and said that my position in the pre-order line still stands (but this doesnt explain why my mates order still says he is getting one ???) . I changed my payment method and he reckons there could be a glitch in the system where it thinks i have only just placed the order.

Just thankful there is a UK 0800 number and that i didnt have to speak to someone in india!
thats the key there, changing the payment method, my mate got a new card so had the change the expiry date with them and he went from 2nd dec guaranteed to feb 06 when he changed his details.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
tom_1.4_16v said:
if your that bothered about getting one, get down to somewhere like tesco on the night it is released, they dont do pre orders, im sure if you could easily get one.

Already e-mailed tesco, their reply !

------------------------------------

Thank you for your email regarding the Xbox.

We can confirm that we are not taking pre orders for this item and it will not be available to purchase until after Christmas.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further queries please e-mail again.
When replying to this e-mail, please attach your original e-mail to ensure a speedy and accurate response.

Diane Bailey
Tesco Direct Customer Services (Electrical)

dk

911 GTS Cab
ouch, me thinks these things are going to be going for 3 times their value on ebay on launch day!

Focus ST-2
I pre-ordered from 2 diff places in august. so hopefully ill get one and if i get 2 sell the other one to a mate or something.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
dave182 said:
thats the key there, changing the payment method, my mate got a new card so had the change the expiry date with them and he went from 2nd dec guaranteed to feb 06 when he changed his details.

I think it has changed last week when i added a gift voucher to the order. I am assumming its a bit of a software glitch in their system and its picking a date up from somewhere it shouldnt (i.e last time the record was updated rather than original order date).

Amazon have been quite good, i think there call centre is in south africa as i have spoken to 3 south african guys now. Got an email to confirm my pre-order spot has not been compromised because of this even though it shows Feb 06.

3 friends i know have ordered after me with amazon so it will be interesting to see what happens.