ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amazing video footage drove it like you stole it! at knockhill

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would actually take a sh!t in my pants if I was doing a track day with those two lunatics!!

First video is fukking immense!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Think I would s**t myself if one of those cossies was behind me on a track day

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The bloke in the cossie at the front is a f**king loon

Andrew gallacher is a legend of a driver.

In the time attack this year he only entered round 2 and was faster in his focus than olly clarks legendary scooby!

only watched the first one and it reminded me of the TEAM GIMPS videos that Knockhill got into trouble for a couple of years ago (anyone remember those?). not as bad (there's no contact for starters!), but Knockhill obviously still have a 'problem'

Tav

Clio 197
The 'Focus' I belive? I was under the impression it's basically a space frame with a Focus silhouette over the top?

Also believe the record is below 50 seconds, closer to 47 by some single seater?

...and 1min isn't that fast...and they were still 1-2 seconds off the pace. There's a supercharged Citron AX that does 59 seconds...know of an elise/s2000 that just nip under a minute as well.

Such a short track so a second is a fair advantage, especially when into the 50's.

Last edited:

Tav

Clio 197
Like he said it's over 9 years old, different now. I think Speed Sunday's have a reputation but other track days are much more civilised, like track scotland for example.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Knockhill is one of the most relaxed circuits going apparently, those cones on the corners are supposed to stop people t boning it lol

Andrew could drive that faster hes just having fun with shaw

Turbos.
I thought they were quick... but then that XR2i wasn't much slower towards the end of the vid...

Nutters! Fine if they were on their own, but was suprised they were driving like that with others on track.

Why were there loads of cones everywhere?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I thought they were quick... but then that XR2i wasn't much slower towards the end of the vid...

Nutters! Fine if they were on their own, but was suprised they were driving like that with others on track.

Why were there loads of cones everywhere?

Meant to make people slow down for those corners apparently

Tav

Clio 197
Stop overtaking into bends, they put them out on speed sundays and other such days to stop noobs crashing. Not there on other days.

Focus RS mk1
guy in the cossie infront on the 1st vid is a tit, that could have sparked alsorts of reactions by other track users, might come back and bite him in the ass one day

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Can't believe that focus is quicker than ollie clark in his scooby, I seen that thing at time attack and there was nothing touching it..

Turbos.
Can't believe that focus is quicker than ollie clark in his scooby, I seen that thing at time attack and there was nothing touching it..

The Focus is a spaceframed silhoutte. The Subaru is quick, but its still 'just' a modified road car. There is quite a gap in cost/speed.