ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

am i running the right kind of power?

hi guys just thought id post to see if my engine is making the right numbers, as im a bit curious! i have an 05 plate 182 with a bmc, janspeed de-cat & system, matched inlets & re-mapped by jam-sport (top place)
before they fitted the inlets & mapped it, it was making 170bhp at the fly? now it may be me but is that low for a 182 with my mods? it gained 13 bhp from the inlets & remap, so is now 183 at the fly. any feedback would be much appreciated! cheers guys!

it wasnt standard though, it had the bmc and exhaust system which is why i am a bit worried! it hasnt got a cold air feed to the bmc yet, but i wouldnt have thought it makes that much difference in power?

nothing to worry about, the clio are known not to make their power.

in truth the rolling road you use plays a big factor too. RR can only be used to compare before and after figures like you have

when my 172 cup was standard it made 158bhp atf on RStunings rollers

what are your at the wheel figures, thats whats important :)

trust me your output is fine, some rolling roads are very optimistic, some spot on etc etc, theres alot of factors that can affect the results....

i know one place showed 200bhp on a friends 172 with just headwork, inlets, maxogen and a 182 manifold plus remap....

like i said just concentrate on the fact you have gained 13bhp :)

hmm yer it feels like its making good power to me, but i know the caf on my old pug made a big difference! yer 13bhp was a good number to make! dont think it helps the good old coolant temperature sensor is playing up now lol!