ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I paying too much for a cambelt change

Clio 172
Hey guys and girls, I have been quoted 600 for a new cambelt dephaser pulley aux belt plus labour and vat

Is this the usual price?? Seems so much
I love the car but it just seems to be so expensive plus I now need to change engine mounts

Cheers chris

275 Trophy
That's not too bad a price, but you shoul ask more wether the garage you are taking it to is good enough to be honest. Search on here for the million threads about this.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats a lot, all parts come to about £410 and thats for genuine mate so that is a lot, labour was £270 odd, whole job was £686.

If anything that sounds cheap (given that it includes the dephaser also).

As above. Ask whether they have the three (?) correct Renault locking tools.

big boost cup
Get in touch with one of the traders on here. You may spend a but more but at least you know it will be done right

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Both belt kits are circa 210. Dephaser can be got for 130, and they are quoting u 600 plus labour ad vat??????

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
well you have stone motorsport on here - James in Chertsey
or ren7oaks in Kemsing or 2 techs in dartford-

£600 sheets is about right

S

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
K-tec know what they are doing, but there are closer places to you as stated above

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Lol at people saying that's expensive/to much, is not a 5 minute job, but I agree you should give it to someone who knows what there doing.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£600 just for parts????

Id say what garage is it is more important.

Clio 172
Yeah it's with labour, I've never had a Renault before only vw and it's costing me so much more
i managed to change the chains clutch and tensioners on my vr6, but Renault seems so different.

bg 182
i got mine done last week £655 from fred@btm performance,

new cambelt, aux belt, depasher pulley and new oil and filter etc. give him a ring

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah it's with labour, I've never had a Renault before only vw and it's costing me so much more
i managed to change the chains clutch and tensioners on my vr6, but Renault seems so different.

Apart from the Cambelt change they cost peanuts in maintanence?

Lionel Richie
i got mine done last week £655 from fred@btm performance,

new cambelt, aux belt, depasher pulley and new oil and filter etc. give him a ring

cambelt KIT
aux belt KIT
head seals (both ends)
oil and filter has to be changed when doing a dephaser

etc etc