ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I being too picky?

BMW 323i Coupe
I have advertised my Clio for sale recently to test the water, and have received a respectable offer for the car.

I have been looking at getting a 172 as they are generally cheaper to buy, and I am not in a position to get money anytime soon to get something higher valued than what I can sell my car for.

The problem I think though, is that I really want a ph2. The looks of them look so good, that I instantly turn down even looking at a ph1. I wondered what people on here thought?

Should I keep an eye out for the ph2, or should I open my options up to looking for ph1 aswell?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy what you actually want. If you don't, you will never be happy with it.

DCi 100
Like Daniel said,

Plus it's your money and alot of it, don't settle for buying a sour apple just because it's the nearest one to grab. Finding the right one takes abit of time.

BMW 323i Coupe
I guess thats right.

I've found a couple of 172 Ph2 that are exactly what I want.

One of them is £200 more than what I can afford:

70,000 miles, 3 Door Hatchback, Silver, Petrol, Manual, ABS, Air conditioning, 70,000 miles which low compared to other more expensive examples, 12 months Mot, Full and Comprehensive Service History and has just had a £450 Service with the mot. New cambelt fitted within the last 12 Months. New brakes all round as well as wheel bearings. This car is in excellent condition and has been very well maintained regardless of the cost. 6 Disc CD changer as standard. £2,700 ONO

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Mate, what is £200 if that is the car you want, just save up for a couple of months if it is that tight,

But don't get something you aren't sure on, or you will be changing it within 6 months.

That silver one does look a good buy - fair price and service history. Might be harder to knock 200 quid off when its cheap to start with though.

How long have you been looking or thinking about getting one? Those ph-1's grow on you, I really didn't like them for a while and when I was looking for an RS I completely disregarded them whilst looking but the more of them I see in the flesh the more they've grown on me and I'd certainly have one especially for the money they go for now.

Clio S & VW T5
wait a bit, then get the one you want. Otherwise you'll regret it and end up wanting to change again really soon...

BMW 323i Coupe
How long have you been looking or thinking about getting one? Those ph-1's grow on you, I really didn't like them for a while and when I was looking for an RS I completely disregarded them whilst looking but the more of them I see in the flesh the more they've grown on me and I'd certainly have one especially for the money they go for now.

To be honest I've wanted one for ages, but it's only recently what with getting a new job that I've been able to comtemplate affording one.

Part of me is now thinking that I should wait, make sure I've got enough money to get the one I want, and also have enough to live on and save aswell.

To be honest I've wanted one for ages, but it's only recently what with getting a new job that I've been able to comtemplate affording one.

Part of me is now thinking that I should wait, make sure I've got enough money to get the one I want, and also have enough to live on and save aswell.

Make sure you have plenty of money in reverse too, these cars have a tendency to break and go wrong alot lol. Not saying they're all like this because the 1st one I had never went wrong but this one I have now develops alot of problems.

BMW 323i Coupe
Make sure you have plenty of money in reverse too, these cars have a tendency to break and go wrong alot lol. Not saying they're all like this because the 1st one I had never went wrong but this one I have now develops alot of problems.

Yeah I know what you mean, I've been looking for a 172 that has had it's cambelt done recently so that I can avoid paying the bill, but to be honest, I'm so shocked at the costs of repairs on my 1.2.

Thanks for the advice guys.