ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I being scammed??

182 Cup
Put my car on autotrader, and got a reply which sounded like this...

"Am Interested In your Car placement for sale and autotrader.co.uk and i will like you to give me the last price,condition with the pics so that i can view wht am buying and my mode of payment will be a cashier check so i want you to get back to me if you are interested in selling it to me with the last price.."

So I thought ok, not great at English but nevermind! i aske dhim a few questions and he replied with this...

"Thanks for the mail.I am indeed interested in yourcar,I wish to let you know that the price is okay byme as for the payment and shipping you have nothing toworry about.I have spoken to my shipping agent who will be coming for the pickup in your end.In regards to the payment,there is a client of mine in the UK who is owing me some funds about £6000 so I will instruct
him to issues you a check and after recieve the check you deduct the cost of the car plus additional £50 as compensation which you may spend on transport and also prevent it from being sold to any other interested buyer.You then get the remaining balance sent to my shipper Via Western Union Money Transfer.If this is okay by you i want you to kindly get back to me asap
with your Details Below :

Full Name
Home Address
City
State
Zipcode
Country
Cell Phones Number with Home and Office.."

This sounds highly dodgy to me....anybody think the same?! I think ive heard of this kind of thing before, but cant remember how it works....

Nick.

Why don't you have some fun a string them along a bit. Start asking stupid questions and tell that you need lots of completely uneccasery information...

182 Cup
Greg 172 said:
Why don't you have some fun a string them along a bit. Start asking stupid questions and tell that you need lots of completely uneccasery information...

hmmmm, good idea...but I just emailed him lol

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Haha, have fun with him.....

Has he sent any further emails? Take the mick! These guys need sorting out!!

Maybe say to meet you at a cliosport meet, so everyone can fcuk him up properly...Lol.

Tyson.

scam, had a few of those trying 2 sell my trials bike on autotrader, do what tyson 182 said, meet him some were and kick him in :quiet:

Nimbus Clio 197
if somebody was really interested in your car, they would ask a few questions and come and see it! none of this rubbish...... ALWAYS avoid stuff like this

Cupra
Ed_182 said:
you should ask if its a nigerian prince lol

Or a present for recently killed relative in a certain plane crash.... or that you can give him the car for free as you have just been informed that you have won the Euro lottery in spain and have 10 million Euros coming your way.

I really hate these f@#king idiots. You would be best to stear clear though, some of them are pretty nasty and there are cases where people have gone to meet them and turned up in pieces in black bags a few months later.

Peddled device
Its not a scam.

By the way...i'll buy your car and bring the money in a case.....which you can't open until l've drove off!

182 Cup
Lmao...turned out to be a pretty funny thread!

I just emailed him with the conclusion of it being 'fcuk off you dirty peasant'

Mk1 1.2 RN
know someone who strung one of these fools along for a while:

"There is one thing i forgot to mention, there is a fist sized hole in the engine block where piston no. 3 exited the block and the drivers door is held on by 2 zip ties, also i have removed two of the wheels for refurbishment so it is on bricks at the moent. are you still interested?"

"yes that is not problem with me, send me bank details and i will add funds with speed. much thanks"

172 ff
sounds like all the other ebay scams going, mainly nigerian scammers. seen emails from them with similar wording and concept, avoid

Renault Clio 16v
benji106 said:
know someone who strung one of these fools along for a while:

"There is one thing i forgot to mention, there is a fist sized hole in the engine block where piston no. 3 exited the block and the drivers door is held on by 2 zip ties, also i have removed two of the wheels for refurbishment so it is on bricks at the moent. are you still interested?"

"yes that is not problem with me, send me bank details and i will add funds with speed. much thanks"

FPMSL :D