ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i being picky ?

2007 clio dynamique
So i got my car back today after being repaired by the insurers after someone hit it , i had a look over it and the new paint work was full of really bad swirl marks and there were patches of paint that looked very light looks like it was machine polished and not done very well so i rejected it , i felt like i was being very picky would everybody of done the same thing ?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The idea is the vehicle should be in pre accident condition upon collection. If it was me i'd be ultra picky, if you aren't happy don't accept it, you pay your insurance & we all get fisted for it so it should be right!

182trophy & Williams
from what you have said,yes! better to reject it now than try and take it back after accepting it and getting it home. Don't accept it untill your 100% happy with it mate.

Yes. Of course. And if you didn't, imagine the feeling when you get your renewal through and it's through the roof?

It's up to them to get it right first time, second time or as many times as are required.

2007 clio dynamique
Cheers for the replies , it had more swirling than the other side of the car and thats five years old lol

It'll likely have pig tailing as well from DA sanding marks. Sadly, these appear to be unavoidable from a bodyshop's POV. Since you know what swirls are, do you intend to correct them?

2007 clio dynamique
It'll likely have pig tailing as well from DA sanding marks. Sadly, these appear to be unavoidable from a bodyshop's POV. Since you know what swirls are, do you intend to correct them?

The whole car needs a good going over tbh ive being looking at ordering a da , but due to them being light swirls on the rest of the car ive just being using black hole to hide them for the time being , i could of put up with a few swirls on the new paint but it looked like someone had washed it over and over again with a poundland sponge

inferno 182.
if your not happy with it dont sign the satisfaction note as the invoice wont be paid unless this is done! if your not happy with the work after they have tried to rectify the problems you have pointed out you can get on to the insurance company and say you want the work put right at a bodyshop of your choise and they will invioce the poor previous repairs to the original repairer! its your car and you have paid your insurance so its up to you where you get it repaired! it should be correct so it dosent devalue your car if you wish to sell it!
So i got my car back today after being repaired by the insurers after someone hit it , i had a look over it and the new paint work was full of really bad swirl marks and there were patches of paint that looked very light looks like it was machine polished and not done very well so i rejected it , i felt like i was being very picky would everybody of done the same thing ?

2007 clio dynamique
Just an update to this thread , i sent the car back and i got it back last week , well its still not right , u can see filler under the paint one a new panel lol , theres bits of dirt in the paint , on the top of the new door the paint feels rough to the touch , the rest of the paint isnt up to much either , the paint on the wingmirror has run and left bubbles at the bottom , they have broken my boot struts , the door lock makes funny noises and was left loose , i can pretty much pull the window out with my hands and to top it off i now have a strange creaking when turning the steering wheel and sometimes when i drive on uneven surfaces , i have rang them and explained that i want to take it somewere of my choice has anyone had any experience of this ? Or any advice to give , also does anybody no if i can claim back wages i have lost from taking days off to wait at home for it coming back thanks