ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

always cheack before buying an ITG filter!

Clio 182 FF Cup
i ordered my ITG panel filter the other day from K-Tec and it came through the post today (the postman can't read as seen in the pic bellow!)

n664516465_1482184_9252.jpg

so went to fit it and guess what was in there.............

n664516465_1482186_3283.jpg

thats right an ITG pannel filter! lol

i fitted the new one anyway cos ive only had the car for about a month so dont know how long the old ones been in there, so i have a spare if anyones interested?

lol, thats pretty funny! (but not meant in a harsh way!)

I am thinking of buying one, do they perform worse as they age, and can they be cleaned up to as new condition?
If so I may be interested :)

Clio 182 FF Cup
well i was hopping to see if it was better then the standard paper one from Renault but as ive had one in it all along i guess i will never know lol as for cleaning it im not to sure wat to use to do it?

Theres a guide in the guide section on cleaning an itg filter.

How much would you want for it (and postage)? Bearing in mind it is a couple of years old, or at least thats what im assuming!

Clio 182 FF Cup
its the 2nd pic, its in really good condition once its clean it would be like new! ill cheack the history to see if theres any receipts to find out when it was fitted

SLK 350
Best thing is they make F.A difference, aside from not having to change them - but they still need degreasing and oiling.

SLK 350
Depending on who you ask they'll tell you:

-It made my engine rev more freely.
-It increased my power by 5bhp.
-It increased induction roar.

Having had two of them on my 172/182 and a Green Stuff one, I concluded they made bugger all difference and as above the only benefit being they don't need changing every service like the OE part.

Depending on who you ask they'll tell you:

-It made my engine rev more freely.
-It increased my power by 5bhp.
-It increased induction roar.

Having had two of them on my 172/182 and a Green Stuff one, I concluded they made bugger all difference and as above the only benefit being they don't need changing every service like the OE part.

he talks sense... they do bugger all.

Havng said that, ive just saved £16 on the 36k service due to having one fitted.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
yup you are. But ill explain because im nice.

basically he bought an ITG filter for his car, went to install it and already had one in there from the previous owner.

Get it?