ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section. Please move if needed.

I am just looking for some support regarding my alternator. For the last 2 months I have had many issues with starting the car and even unlocking it so put it down to the battery. Purchased a new battery and fully charged it and put it on tonight.

When starting the car it seemed sluggish and then there was a nasty smell. The alternator appears to have shat itself and there was smoke coming from the bonnet.

Is it a case of just changing the alternator or will more need to be done? i.e. any form of belts?

Sorry for the noob question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
As @bloke says how old is the belt and tensioner, if it's old or done 36k or more then replace with a full aux kit from somewhere like RPD and you will be golden. I recently changed mine and was a bit of a pain in the ass, but used the jubliee clip on the tensioner and that done the trick nicely.