ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALTERNATOR

mk1 RSI
Hi guys.......I have a MK1 RSI......the lights have been driving me mad :evil: , dimming as i drive home of a night, now the heater and wipers have started slowing and speeding at will. Ive tried cleaning the battery terminals and earths......i've also checked the voltage at the battery and its 14 but 11 when everythings switched on.........so im gonna be changing the alternator.
The question is.......am i limited to the one thats on there already or is there an alternative ?..i.e off a diesel or a 16V ? :S
Only asking as i've yet to see one for an RSI on ebay but theres plenty for diesels and 16V's.......cheers for looking....

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Hi guys.......I have a MK1 RSI......the lights have been driving me mad :evil: , dimming as i drive home of a night, now the heater and wipers have started slowing and speeding at will. Ive tried cleaning the battery terminals and earths......i've also checked the voltage at the battery and its 14 but 11 when everythings switched on.........so im gonna be changing the alternator.
The question is.......am i limited to the one thats on there already or is there an alternative ?..i.e off a diesel or a 16V ? :S
Only asking as i've yet to see one for an RSI on ebay but theres plenty for diesels and 16V's.......cheers for looking....

Hello mate, i had the same problem with my rsi not long ago, it ended up being so bad that my engine would cut out when drivin! I wouldnt buy a second hand one especially if its of Ebay! I bought mine brand new straight from Renault, they took my old one which took off £20 so i only ended up paying just over £100...that may seem alot but id rather have the new parts on my car, personal opion though! Just ring up Renault and give them your chassis no., reg and what ever else to get the exact one! Hope this helps.
Sam

I'd go with getting a refurbished one too, places other than renault do it.

Your local yellow pages will list a few places who sell them (you don't mention where you are though)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
I'd go with getting a refurbished one too, places other than renault do it.

Your local yellow pages will list a few places who sell them (you don't mention where you are though)

Yes that is a point, my girl friend is getting hers done on her Saxo VTR for £20, and they do it in a day!