ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator Bracket

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Might be a stupid question, but I'ma ask it anyways.

How important is the alternator bracket?
The one that comes from the block to the back edge of the alternator?

Just seen a photo of an engine on ebay with one fitted, and there hasn't been one on mine since I've owned it.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
ummmm, vital?!

without it the alternator is only fixed by one (much more solid) bolt... Can't see the belt keeping the correct tension with the alternator allowed to pivot!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Ive got the top arm, and obviously it bolts to the ac pump, but not the arm the reaches under the fuel rail guard

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was only missing the spring loaded damper off my bracket and it vibrated so much it smashed my air con pipes in two and caused the aux belt to slip loads which eventually drained the battery to the point it wouldn't charge any more, plus my alternator needed refurbing as that was f*cked too because of the vibration, all because I didn't know the bracket was meant to have a damper,
so i'd say missing the entire bracket is a bit of a problem to say the least.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Just so we're all on the same page, its the bracket ive circled badly in paint
aba9e627b736e9d663d75cb67dd28b09.jpg