ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator and Aux Belt change

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I think my Alternator is about to pack in.... seems noisy and there is a slight burning smell that appears to be coming from it, or at least in that area.

I've looked on Eurocarparts, GSF, etc and there appears to be a 75amp option or a 110amp option. Does anyone know which i'd need on a 05 182?

Also is the Aux belt change a pain, and do i need any special tools to change the tensionor and get the belt off/on? I may attempt to do it myself is it's not too difficult and i don't need any special tools.

330i. E30 Touring.
Go for the 110amp one.

Special tools - to slacken the tensioner - either use a big jubilee clip, or you can use a 3/8 extension bar. Well, it's 10mm square, but 3/8 works fine.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 110amp for the 182 with A/C.

Don't scrimp on alternators, you'll just end up changing it again in 6 months if it's a cheap one.

New Valeo one only in my opinion.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
To clarify for people who come across this thread in the future,
75amp is 172 cup fitment only,
All standard 172's & all 182's inc cup and trophys use a 110amp alternator
( just to add there were a few rare 172 cups that were spec'd with air con that also used the 110 amp too).

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Basically, if you have air-conditioning or climate control you need the 110