ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to AG EGP???

Clio R27#322
been reading several posts on this stuff seems very different opinions about, what alternatives would you recommend?

Mito Sportiva 135
It all depends what you are looking to do. It is a very good product, just not a very good polish so the name is a bit confusing.

106 GTi
Polish ? EGP = Extra Gloss Protection.

Great product but such a bind to use - other alernatives are Carlack or Klasse SG which can be a pain to use or my choice the spray version JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger

I can apply 3 layers of this in the time it takes to do 1 EGP layer. Also nice and durable to, one coat of this and one of wax are going strong still after nearly 5 months on my daily drive.

16v Dynamique
I'm quite liking CG Blitz at the minute. Can't comment on durability yet though as its only been on about a month, but it's still going strong.

Renault Clio S
Think I'll give JEFF's a try; with no garage to park in, applying more than one layer of EGP is a bloody nightmare.

Does it bond well with SRP?

106 GTi
Works well over SRP/

AG SRP, 1 coat of Jeffs and 1 coat of Zymol Carnuba is still holding up well and that was applied last September on my daily drive.

Renault Clio S
Never use wax to be honest, not while my strumpet-von-tease is parked outside on the curb exposed to the elements all day long. The finish would be ruined within days.

Renault Clio S
Contemplating the purchase of a Meg's G220, so I might thrown in the extra cash for the wax. Actually, I also need a new wash mitt as my old one's ripped; new drying towel, polishing cloth, bah ... this is getting an expensive hobby.