ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternative to Renparts?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I rung these guys a couple of times as my Flexis had gone so I needed a new manifold, flexis and mani cat.. both times they told me they would get someone to inspect the condition of what they had in and ring me back.. those calls never happened.

They are now out of stock - does anyone know of an alternative company that break Clios etc?

Cheers

Renault Spares Centre (RSC) Europe

They've been great for me. They're in Doncaster IIRC and used to be a trader on here. Not to sound too negative, but everything that's bad about Renparts is outstanding at RSC:

* Answer the phone first time
* Seem to have lots of staff who aren't all on their lunch break :p
* Call you back when they say they will
* Have parts on the shelf so don't need to "send someone for a look" all the time
* Will sell you anything for a fair price, rather than charging you £25 for a foglight assembly when you only want the plastic surround etc

Can't comment on Renparts' customer service when things go wrong, but RSC's was great, getting a replacement out on a "before 9am" service.

Your far better having new flexi's welded in........unless you can find a really low milage manifold, but even then might not last. I did swop mine for a low milage mani, but i got lucky they are like rocking horse s**t, and nearly all of them show some sign's of the problem begining IMO.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Renault Spares Centre (RSC) Europe

They've been great for me. They're in Doncaster IIRC and used to be a trader on here. Not to sound too negative, but everything that's bad about Renparts is outstanding at RSC:

* Answer the phone first time
* Seem to have lots of staff who aren't all on their lunch break :p
* Call you back when they say they will
* Have parts on the shelf so don't need to "send someone for a look" all the time
* Will sell you anything for a fair price, rather than charging you £25 for a foglight assembly when you only want the plastic surround etc

Can't comment on Renparts' customer service when things go wrong, but RSC's was great, getting a replacement out on a "before 9am" service.

^ RSC are in Accrington, the number is: 01254 386661

Your far better having new flexi's welded in........unless you can find a really low milage manifold, but even then might not last. I did swop mine for a low milage mani, but i got lucky they are like rocking horse s**t, and nearly all of them show some sign's of the problem begining IMO.

Cheers for the inputs guys, you're gents!

I've just emailed RSC.

Speaking to Renparts, they now have one.. it's done 42k. Too high or?

Cheers

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The manifold on my mates 200 cracked at about 45k... He just got it welded back up though.

My manifold hasn't cracked yet afaik and it's on 65k. It's just the flexis split. Well tbh, there is nothing left of both flexis!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
That's alright dude - it's still good to know the expected life on them!

The flexis are a pain in the arse on the 197, engine weight and movement!

2bh my 197 flexi's were blown & it was also broke at the joint to the block on branch 2. They are made of cheese, if your exhaust / engine mounts are worn then that doesnt help, so id change those too while your at it.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
2bh my 197 flexi's were blown & it was also broke at the joint to the block on branch 2. They are made of cheese, if your exhaust / engine mounts are worn then that doesnt help, so id change those too while your at it.

Yeah, gonna get the mounts done as well!