ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine with stalk controls

Clio 172
right here goes. the missus bought me a new head unit for christmas alpine 9886r tidy head unit exactly what i wanted thing is went to halfrauds before i installed it to get the adapter for stalk controls to work was ponted to the "correct" adapter and off i went and installed it, didnt work, took and back and low and behold they sold me the wrong part. turns out the adapter i need will require the dash taking off so it can be conected to the display in the middle of the dash to which i responded on so it will display radio stations and track numbers? erm no i was told so why take the dash off? i dont know im not a fitter. do these guys no what they are talking about?? any one else fitted stalk controls to an alpine unit your input would be much appreciated. sorry for the it being long winded thought youd like a read on a sunday evening

Clio Sport 182
only the alpine one displays the radio station on top of the dash the rest blank it off, and the alpine one you dont have to take the dash top off either. and make aure the radio is compatable to do the display as well

ITB BG 182
Yea the stalk control is about 90 quid and took 5 mins to fit + no taking of dash off.

Halfrauds are a bunch of monkeys when it comes to fitting things, i got a car battery and they said they cant do it as the immob will become active and i not be able to move the car, a quick call to GDi = halfords talking a load of bollox

N/A Currently
i've got an alpine one, with the autoleads stalk controls.

The aux display on mine has stayed the same as usual. I had to buy 2 parts;

Autoleads Clio Stalk Control
Autoleads Alpine connector

The stalk control does require the dash to come off, so you can plug it into the red connector at the back of the aux display, and the alpine connector connects into stalk control.

Unfortuantely, from there, I'm not sure what else needs to be done!

Clio 182
I purchased an Alpine stereo and adapter for Car audio direct! I have fitted all the parts without needing to remove the dash so ignore those doughnuts in halfords! The only problem i found was fitting all the excess wire behing the stereo!