ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Tunez!!!! Help Required

Clio 1.8 16v
Hi all,

i have purchased two brand new alpine amps from my friend for £50!!! bargain. they are the mrd m350 and mrv f240. the mrd m350 i want to run at 2ohm as that would give me 350rms but 4ohm gives me 200rms. firstly what alpine sub would anyone recommend and what will allow me to run 2ohm? im looking at the sws 12" and older swr 12". the swr might not be given enough power to really push hard. can anyone help? is there only certain types of wiring i can purchase to do this?

Last but not least i need a really good alpine head unit for £200 or less that has alot of sound functions and qualitys as i want my tunes to be loud and bouncy.

cheers to all!!!!

J

jamesy

if your just running the one sub chappy the type s and type r are both good your want to go for the 4ohm dvc i would'nt bother going for the 05 type r mind as the m350 is just a baby and wont be able to satisfy its bone shattering needs:D

Clio 1.8 16v
cheers, i was thinking of the older type r mate. but not sure if the amp could supply enough for it to bounce like the type s. no what i mean?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
You arent going to get alot of "bounce" with 350wrms. Older type Rs are rated to about 300wrms I believe, 05 spec are 500wrms. 350wrms should be fine for an older Type R :)

Id get an old Type R or S in Dual 4 ohm voicecoil configuration. AS said, you havent got enough power for a newer one.

AS for the wiring, wire it as shown here:

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

;) ;)
Valveramma said:
Hi all,

i have purchased two brand new alpine amps from my friend for £50!!! bargain. they are the mrd m350 and mrv f240. the mrd m350 i want to run at 2ohm as that would give me 350rms but 4ohm gives me 200rms. firstly what alpine sub would anyone recommend and what will allow me to run 2ohm? im looking at the sws 12" and older swr 12". the swr might not be given enough power to really push hard. can anyone help? is there only certain types of wiring i can purchase to do this?

Last but not least i need a really good alpine head unit for £200 or less that has alot of sound functions and qualitys as i want my tunes to be loud and bouncy.

cheers to all!!!!

look at my ice for sale, my subs would be perfict for it and would sound the bizz,

Clio 1.8 16v
cheers crazy clio. i know its not powerful enough for the new type r, i stated i was looking at the older type r previously. i dont know which would sound louder, either the old type r or the type s what you think?

and mofo cheers for the offer but i want an all alpine system.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i doubt there would be anything in it.

Id imagine the type R will handle the power more reliably however.