ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine KTP-445

Clio 182
Hey all,

Anyone heard of it, used it...!?!

Basically it's a mini amp that plugs into the back of the h/u and up's the power. It's $120 which is about £70odd, or can be bought this side of the pond for £120 and just wondering if it will make a noticeable difference or should i not bother...!?!

Specs are below...
  • 4 x 100W MAX
  • 4 x 45W RMS
  • Works with all 2005 - present Alpine head units
  • Plug & Play installation (no additional wiring required)
  • High/Low gain switch
  • Compact size
Charrs :)

Clio 197
Check the output of your headunit, because if i'm not wrong most H/U's are outputting 45w RMS so it wont really mate a difference

Clio 182
Yeppo, cheers! Headunit is the CDE-103BT and that's 4x50W max, so is probably 4x20RMS-ish.

I was under the impression this amp added a further 45RMS to the head unit...!?!

Check the output of your headunit, because if i'm not wrong most H/U's are outputting 45w RMS so it wont really mate a difference

your confusing max with rms,aftermarket manufacturers are in the region of 16-22w rms and 45-52w max

for the price you could probably get hold of some quality 2nd hand gear that will be a much higher rms

your confusing max with rms,aftermarket manufacturers are in the region of 16-22w rms and 45-52w max

for the price you could probably get hold of some quality 2nd hand gear that will be a much higher rms

Yea but this is alot simpler than wiring in amplifiers and running wires from front to rear etc. Ive had my eye on these for ages, been out in america for a while, not sure we ca get them yet?

Clio 182
Yea that's precisely why i want one, i'm not after huge bass, i don't want a mahoosive amp/sub set up in me boot. If i do get a sub, it will be the Pioneer TS-WX77A.

Just after a bit more umph really.

And yea, struggling to find a stockist over here, did find one place that retails them for £120 but i'll be damned if i can find it again :(.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Have the same Head Unit mate! Saw this but didn't think it was worth it tbh? I have an amp and sub in the boot and some JL Audio Coaxals in the front. I guess I could get more power out of them though.