ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine iDA x300 problems

I bought my son one of these for Christmas and he has been trying to fit it all day. Keeps coming up with Device Error every time we connect an iPod to it. Anybody else have one of these and if so had any problems similar. The manual is useless and doesn't explain error codes.

Clio II and Grand Modus
something to doo with the ipod software. mabye it´s too new for the alpine unit too support.

Megane 225 F1
this is doing my head in aswell. sometimes my new ipod touch will stop working. trying to find a cheap ipod classic to keep in the car.

Megane 225 F1
might be a software issue on the ipods then. try to update the software on the ipods using itunes as it requires the lastest software to work.

106 GTi
I have an Alpine CDA 9884 with and ipod lead and occasionally got the same error when using my touch and iphone, despite it working perfectly with my old Nano (2 years old).

After unplugging it and plugging it back in it would eventually pick up the touch after a few attempts but sometimes never give proper control over it, could never work out why.

Megane 225 F1
I have an Alpine CDA 9884 with and ipod lead and occasionally got the same error when using my touch and iphone, despite it working perfectly with my old Nano (2 years old).

After unplugging it and plugging it back in it would eventually pick up the touch after a few attempts but sometimes never give proper control over it, could never work out why.
thats becasue its not fully compatible with the new range of touch and iphone and nanos. pain when you get in the car and start driving along, then realise that the ipod isnt working and have to try and fix it while driving along

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I have a first gen ipod touch which I have just updated to firmware 2.2.

Before the update it worked fine with the iDA-X001 I have, but now I have an 'ERROR 01' whenever it is plugged in, whatever that is.

There is word on the net that it is the firmware which is the problem, which figures considering I just updated mine.

Apparently if the ipod is reset to factory settings, with the new firmware on, and then reloaded with the library it will work......I have yet to try it, but have done the reset (using itunes and warns you the library will be deleted from the ipod) the factory settings and resynced my library. I will try it later when I go out to see if it has worked....

Not sure on newer ipods that come pre-loaded with up to date firmware.

I searched for 'firmware 2.2 ipod touch issues' on google and found a couple of threads with 'solutions'......

My 5th gen Classic 80Gb ipod has no problems, but I havent updated that up recently........

I shall let you know later!

106 GTi
thats becasue its not fully compatible with the new range of touch and iphone and nanos. pain when you get in the car and start driving along, then realise that the ipod isnt working and have to try and fix it while driving along

Could not work why it would work sometimes and not others though ?(was the original Touch running 1.1.2 software) since sold it now anyway but am yet to try the Classic that replaced it in it yet as the Nano at least works.

Cheers guys he's got an iPod Touch although it wouldn't work with my Nano either which is 8 months old.

Yeah exactly, the i-pod nano is 8 months you say, hence its also a new model i-pod...therefor it wont work on the alpine either. The old nano does work tho, i have the old model that still has the shiny gloss finish and plays fine.

Ladies and gents, the whole issue would be a much shorter topic of discussion if everyone just read the instruction manaul that comes with your head unit.... here we go

About iPods usable with this unit
• The unit can be used with the fourth generation and above
iPod, iPod photo, iPod mini or the first generation iPod nano
only. However, future generation iPod compatibility cannot be
guranteed.
• Touch wheel or scroll wheel type iPods without the dock
connector cannot be connected to the unit.
• The unit can be used with the following iPod.
<USB connected>
Fifth generation iPod
First generation iPod nano
<Directly connected>
Fourth generation iPod
Fifth generation iPod
iPod photo
iPod mini
First generation iPod nano
• If the unit is used with iPod software versions of iTunes earlier than
7.0.0.1, correct function and performance are not guaranteed.
Protecting the USB connector

Its just the way the cookie crumbles, on the third page of the manual all this can be found. If you dont have the manual

http://www.google.com/search?client...ction+manual&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

cheers

Clio
I've got a X300 and my iPod Touch works fine.

No error messages - however mine has still got the older software. (Yep I'm a cheapskate ;))

Seeing as how we all in the same boat here with these IDA models, maybe one of you could help me. Have any of you had a situation where after having the radio playing for about 5 min, it comes up with "demo mode" and it starts running through all the set ups and options? If so how do i get rid of this? Ihave a alpine IDA-x001 to be specific

cheers

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
well thank god checked this thread, was about to buy one of those specificially for mp3 support with ipod touch :/
Well i'll be darned

Mk2 172
well thank god checked this thread, was about to buy one of those specificially for mp3 support with ipod touch :/
Well i'll be darned

The ipod touch does work with it. The only crap thing about the unit is u cant use an ipod on USB

Seeing as how we all in the same boat here with these IDA models, maybe one of you could help me. Have any of you had a situation where after having the radio playing for about 5 min, it comes up with "demo mode" and it starts running through all the set ups and options? If so how do i get rid of this? Ihave a alpine IDA-x001 to be specific

cheers

most headunits you either set to standby then go to menu and scroll down to demo or the menu button that you press whilst on needs holding then scroll down to demo

if you wanna make sure your ipod works with the ipod units i suggest popping into halfords and just plugging it in to test