ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine HU only on when engine running

Clio 182
I've recently installed an Alpine IDA-100 HU in my 172, but it only powers on when the engine is running. Anyone know how to get it to work without the engine running? I used the included cable adaptor. Cheers!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
this happend with my alpine aswell..

you need to swap the constant live around... forgot what i did but thats why its doing it... the constant live is the yellow wire i THINK.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Something about swapping the red and yellow wires... didnt work with my Alpine head unit though.

Polo + Micra
iirc you should be able to swap the wires to get it to work all the time

you have to put both red and yellow into the red connector or something like that

172 cup
you don't swap them unless it won't hold it's memory as it's using the switched lived as main power supply. needs both plugging into battery live supply to work all the time, just remember to switch it off when you get out of the car!

Clio 182
Yep, needs both on the battery to work all the time, swapping doesn't work for the IDA-100. Thanks for the help. While i was sorting that out thought i would put in a bluetooth module. Nightmare, there is no room behind the HU at all.

Monaco 172
take it HU out and put all the connectors and wires down in behind the CC/heater control unit. thats what i did and it slides in and out a dream.