ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Headunit

197 cup
When i bought my car it came with an alpine IDA-X100 headunit. I bought a high speed cable off of ebay to connect my i-pod to it but i cant get it to work? i was expecting it to recognise the i-pod as soon as i plugged it in (this is what it says in the book). Ive tried different i-pods but cant get any of them to work and im pretty certain all the settings on the headunit are as they should be. Its real pis*ing me off now as i only have the radio as it hasnt got a cd its only i-pod, memory sticks/cards...

Does anyone have this headunit?

http://www.caraudioni.com/index.php...id=182&zenid=9b8eb6c083c982847c84fd6797fd08b4

172 CUP
do you have to sync the ipod with the headunit at all? does it say anything about that in the manual?

197 cup
No it doesnt say anything about having to sync the ipod with the headunit in the manual. The Previous owner had the headunit fitted and he used a memory stick instead of an ipod. I have both the ipod high speed cable and the cable which came with the headunit which has a usb end. Ive even tried using the ipod cable which has the usb end (for computer) but it still doesnt work.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I remember reading something saying a few ipods wont work with the Alpine cable but i'd have thought a Touch would. My Classic works fine.

You've definately got the cable plugged into the bluey-greeny plug on the HU? There's a similiar shape, black plug aswell which is for something else...

197 cup
I remember reading something saying a few ipods wont work with the Alpine cable but i'd have thought a Touch would. My Classic works fine.

You've definately got the cable plugged into the bluey-greeny plug on the HU? There's a similiar shape, black plug aswell which is for something else...

Yea its definatly plugged into the right one, i dont understand why it doesnt work. When i select the mode using the source button on the headunit. the only options i have are AUX, AUX+, USB and radio? I thought i should have an ipod mode aswell?

it will come up if the lead is plugged in with an ipod connected,does the ipod register being plugged in?does the headunit extend to direct ipod when plugged in?sounds like you may have a faulty lead or the headunit ipod input isnt working,have you got one you can borrow/test from a friend?

197 cup
Yes it does register, it comes up on the nano saying alpine. No i dont have any leads i can borrow to test this. So when i plug my ipod into the cable coming form the head unit it should recognise it without me doing anything?

if thats the case then it is working

you need to go under
>general settings
>aux+
>turn off

ipod should then work fine