ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine headunit with bluetooth inbuilt?

Titanium 182
I'm looking to get a headunit with iPod connectivity and bluetooth handsfree inbuilt - in my first car I had an Alpine 9850ri and a Parrot 3200ls so I'm familiar with both and know their credentials.

I'm looking to spend around £150/200 (don't mind if it's second hand) so the first one I thought of was the Alpine 103BT - any good? Anymore suggestions?

Secondly in terms of connecting it to the steering controls (I know this will have been asked a million times, but I can't find the answer; read 'lazy'), I take it you need the Autoleads PC99-X12, and for the display the Alpine patch, but what's the part number? I know they're hard to come by now but worth looking on ebay for I'd guess!

Thanks!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
You should have a look at the clarion FZ501E. Can pick it up for around £140. It's got built in Bluetooth phone connectivity and when your phone is connected via a usb cable it will charge it (unlike some other USB equipped head units) with regards the steering wheel stalk you can pick up the interface connector and patch lead (make sure the patch lead is a clarion one) for £22.99 off eBay. A shop I went into wanted to charge about £50 for these so look out.

Black Gold Trophy
Don't bother with the autoleads connector Mark, it won't work.

You'll need one of (the three) alpine adapters, they are all effectively discontinued though (iirc) and you can only get them second hand or from a retailer who has left over stock.

They normally come in two parts, so you'll need both parts in order to get the stalk controls working.
Here are the alpine part numbers:

- KCE840B + KWE845E (I've got this setup in my 182 and it works perfectly, but doesnt connect your headunit to the display/clock)
- APF-D101RE (haven't tried this one so don't know if it works)
- KCE940B + KWE-942E (I've tried this setup, works well with the stalk, however the info it displays on the display/clock depends on which headunit you use)

I doubt the ipod connectivity will be that great on that sourceunit, however the ones with a better interface usually dont have built in bluetooth, so you'll need to buy KCE-400BT which will give you bluetooth connectivity.