ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Head-units.....

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
I did mention this on my other thread, but I think it got missed. Can anyone tell me which Head-units are compatible with the Renault built-in system (Steering Wheel controls and Head-up display). As far as I can tell, it's Alpine only, but which models? What additional parts are needed?

I have a really nice Pioneer unit that I could steal out of my RST, but it looks like that won't be compatible with the standard features. :(

Golf R soon...
My alpine head unit doesn't work with the steering wheel controls. The cable is an addition £30-£40 i think

Mine head unit is a 9855r by the way

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
as dazg said you need to buy the adaptor for any cd player to work with the controls

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think it will just say alpine. could be wrong though

MINI Cooper S
Right i have wanted steering wheel controls on my alpine for ages now, but i never bought the adapters because everyone keeps saying i need to take the dash off to connect it to the display, which i dont want to do. I started a couple of threads on here asking about it but no one replied! lol

If i bought the adapters that are listed in this thread, would they plug straight into the yellow connector behind the head unit and work? (not botherd about the display just saying alpine either)

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I got told you could not patch an alpine in the steering wheel controls etc Have been given duff info then?

BMW M135i
Cool... how much was the alpine one? And what makes the controls w**k?

Doesn't respond to you pressing a button on the remote 6 times out of 10. The display function is ace though.

I got told you could not patch an alpine in the steering wheel controls etc Have been given duff info then?

Yup b****cks, most of the big brands can use an adapter for the steering controls.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Doesn't respond to you pressing a button on the remote 6 times out of 10. The display function is ace though.

Yup b****cks, most of the big brands can use an adapter for the steering controls.

Right I am gonna go kick someones b****cks in halfrauds lol

Cheers